Going Great White Shark Diving in South Africa and more specifically a trip on the “Slashfin”, is a combination of goose bump thrills, education and relaxation on a luxury boat in the company of experienced experts and researchers! They will show you how to distinguish between a male and female shark and how to identify a specific shark by its unique dorsal fin and scars. The 20 - 25 minute boat trip to where the activity is to take place is by itself an exhilarating adventure. Named after a legendary 3, 3 m male shark with a very distinctive dorsal fin, the “Slashfin” is a unique; multi-million rand aluminium boat custom designed for speed, stability, safety and space and can comfortably accommodate 40 passengers and the crew at a time. On any given day, we also usually see at least two or more members of the Marine Big Five - sharks, dolphins, whales, seals and penguins, as well as several bird species.
Here is a brief breakdown of what to expect:
• Before the trip guests meet at the Great White House in Kleinbaai
• You will receive breakfast and register your wetsuit size
• Guests receive a pre-trip safety briefing about what to expect during the trip and a biological background on great white sharks
• We then take a 200m stroll down to the harbour to board “Slashfin”
• Travel time to Dyer Island is approximately 20 minutes, with the shallows being a short 10 minute ride (where we anchor depends on where the sharks are)
• On average, we anchor for 2 hours, but this depends on shark activity, conditions, as well as number of divers
• Weather permitting; we take a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley
• Lastly debrief in the Great White House and a celebratory beverage to toast the occasion!
автор: русскоговорящий гид Виктор Кузнецов